You all missed out big time! We had such a fun time getting our Breaking Dawn books! It's one of those things where, you just had to be there! We laughed so hard. I came home and told Aaron all the funny things that happened, he didn't laugh like we did.
We started our evening off at Cafe Sabor. That is always a fun thing to do. You can never go wrong with their chips and salsa. We had good eats and talk. After that we headed over to Hastings. They were having a Forks High School Prom theme party. We got there at about 10:30. We made ourselves some masks which you will see demonstrated below...I think Kelly made about a half dozen masks until she had the perfect one.
Mystery gals. Kelly, Tiffany, and me. We made the guy take the picture twice because there was too much double chin going on in the first picture. In my case it didn't go away.
Next was the cake, oh the cake. There was a big ole cake just sitting out in the open. Kelly decided she wanted a piece of this little beauty. There weren't any serving tools and we thought that was weird. So she just picked it up with her fingers and put it on a napkin.......
After that Tiffany decided that she wanted a piece. She went over and started to pick up a piece with her fingers. A girl came over and said "can I help you with that, you do have to have a ticket for a piece of cake." Well you would think that since her fingers were already stuck in the frosting the girl might let her eat it, but no. She had to put it back finger prints and all. By then Kelly's evidence was all gone (cake thief). We really started getting the chuckles.
They had a dress up competition. A bunch of people were dressed up as characters from the book. There were two people that were a bit confused about which book was being released...
Who invited Dumbledore and Harry Potter?
The other day when I reserved my book I went through the wrong line. I always pick the wrong line! I got up there and Alex was a "cashier in training." By the time I made it out of there it was about 20 minutes later! He even closed his line down because it was taking so long. So when I got my book that night guess who's line they sent me to? None other than Alex
Everybody meet Alex. Tiffany ran back in to get this. She said "smile Alex" and this is what she got.
When we got outside there was a girl dressed as Alice. We said "Alice, will you take our picture?" She was so excited that we called her Alice. Made her night I think.
We were giddy as school girls! We made our way over to the Chevron to load up on caffeinated beverages so we could read when we got home. We had so much fun. We got to laughing and couldn't stop. A few other unmentionables happened and once again....You Had To Be There.
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



8 comments:
That's awesome! You got it finished yet??
What's that smell? I am still laughing about the whole night! I had so much fun and I wish we could do it again!!
Nobody tells a story like you I'm laughing just reading it. Some people really get into it, don't they? I love Dumbeldoor and Harry Potter. What????
I'm still waiting for my copy, my neice Kaitlynn is having the hardest time not telling me about it. What a fun night, I had to have caffeine, so I got a drink at 11:00pm, and I couldn't sleep until 2:30, so I really could've gotten a lot of reading done, but it's ok, I should get my book today from Amazon.
What a great time, sorry I missed it. I love that you guys got caught with cake on your face. HaHa
Tawnia
Sounds like you had so much fun! Call me when your done with the book!
Way fun! I can totally picture you three-I was dying! I love the picture of Alex, what a hottie! I also loved the cake story...I think I need some!!! Tiffany was nice to put it back, I think I would have stuffed it in my mouth. We miss you, do I say that too much? Well, we do.
I used to spend many a late night at Hastings (back in the early 90's), but none so exciting as yours!
Post a Comment