Thursday, August 21, 2008

What Not To Wear

Alrighty, first off let me say that I am fully aware that I make serious fashion violations pretty much every day of my life. If there really were fashion police I would be serving a life sentence. So for me to be able to call someone out on a fashion violation, you know it must be bad.
Have any of you seen the basketball uniforms for countries such as Australia? I thought singlets were only allowed on the wrestling mats. What is going on here? These should not be allowed at all. I know that no basketball uniforms can be totally flattering on women but these babies.........I am not really even sure what to say about them. I know these probably made fashionable swimwear for men around 1930 ish. And spandex was popular in the 80's. I am just trying to imagine having to run up and down the court in one of the little numbers. Not a good visual, doesn't matter who you are.
Ok, enough said, here they are.

7 comments:

Jessica S. said...

Is that a One-Piece outfit? Imagine a quick potty break in one of those? It's worse than a 1 piece bathing suit going to the bathroom dripping wet from the pool!

Leanne said...

so sad!!!!

kelliemcc said...

That's true olympic spirit if your even watching women's basketball!! I love the show What Not To Wear, I secretly pray ever night that Clinton & Stacy will show up at my door.

Tawnia Zilles said...

They look so uncomfortable. I wonder what the thinking was behind it. Oh Well, just so long as I never have to wear one. It is embarrassing enough that I posted a picture of me in my swimming suit and my gastly white body.

Sharp family said...

This is Bec not Addie (a little kink I need to work out) any hoo, I must say when I was reading your post I got laughing so hard Addie came in to see what was a matter....along with the phone with my mom on it! Well after a small explanation that I was laughing not crying although there were tears involved...I read it to her and she was laughing so hard and she couldn't even see the visual! I think it really was all those years together that I could just hear you voice in my head saying it / along with the picture, just was more than this girl to take!!!! :) As the old saying goes "Thats was a goodn' :)

Jen said...

What a good call! Thank goodness the guys don't wear these. What's up with the double standard? I bet Mr. Bryant wouldn't be caught dead in one of those.

r & k said...

funniest thing i have seen all day!