Monday, August 11, 2008

From The Mouth Of Belle


I haven't done a "From the Mouth of Belle" comment in a while. She said a good one today.
I was folding laundry and I said "I am so tired." Without skipping a beat she said, "you go ahead and rest, I'll finish the laundry."
Is she 20 or 5? She went and grabbed a blanket out of the closet and got me all settled on the couch. She started folding and I opened my eyes a bit later and she was asleep on the couch next to me. She didn't make it too far on the laundry, darn.

This is one I meant to post and never did. When my Grandpa died Belle asked me at the cemetery "what are they going to do with the treasure box?" (casket)
Then recently she asked "When grandma great dies is she going to lay on the same tray as grandpa?" (once again, casket)

5 comments:

Josh and Emily said...

You really do need to post more of these. I don't think I have ever met a funnier 5 year old! The go ahead an rest comment was killing me! I miss little Belle. I am sure that she has forgotten by now that we are best friends. Oh well, I'll get over it (until you move down here and then I will be right back there with my to BFFs :) Hope all is going spectacular!

Leanne said...

she's got your personality! Ok, I have started Breaking Dawn, and it is CRAZY weird, but I can't put it down. So, when you say team "Jacob" is that because you wanted him to end up with her, or what? I heard that the Chris Stewart series were good(great and terrible), sounded a lot like a Saturday's warrior concept, I think I'll try them next.

Tawnia Zilles said...

I love what kids say. I should post some of the things that my kids say. Cute little Belle.

Sunny said...

I can soooo relate. I think our girls come from the same type of mold. Isn't it fun? Ellie asked about her friend Belle the other day. She said, "Not the one from Belle and the Beast, but my friend Belle."

r & k said...

hilarious! i love it!