Wednesday, August 27, 2008

K Is For Kindergarten

Today was the day that Belle has been dreaming about for the past four years. It was her first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited. I however was a bit sad. My first child going off to school. That's it from here on out. Our little family of 5 will never be all here at home with me anymore. (I know, I know we will have summers) A few hours of down time is nice each day, but I would rather we all just stayed here at home and stayed little forever. But I must say that she made it really easy to be excited today! How could I not be. She was grinning all day from ear to ear.
We have done a few things this past week getting ready for the countdown. Last week we had back to school night. I told Belle that I would take her on a date after. She got to pick the place. She chose Olive Garden. I knew she would, I like it when she picks. As long as it's not Old McDonalds. Our friends Hayley and Angie came with us. The girls were giddy as school girls, pun intended. It was so fun to listen to them talk all big girly. We had to quiet them down a few times because they got so excited talking that the volume just kept going up and up. It was so fun. Next was Belle's back to school haircut, you will notice it throughout the photo's. Yesterday Belle was sitting at the counter working on some projects. She had all the markers, papers, and scissors. I ran down stairs and when I came back up I noticed that there was some fuzz poking off the front of her head.... "NO YOU DIDN'T," well YES she did!!! She took the section right up front in the dead center of her head. Yeah well, try hiding that one. I guess she thought she would save me a few bucks on a haircut. Here are a few shots of the glorious event.


This is a countdown chain that Belle cut out about 10 days before school started. She was so proud.


This was right before we left for school. We had quite the events leading up to this. We had planned on walking but that didn't work out. I had just finished filling out my Mother Of The Year application and went to do Belle's hair. I got tangled in the cord of the flat iron and it came sailing off the counter top and managed to get Belle's leg. Seriously, what are the chances?? At my house they are about 100%. So Belle wanted to ice her leg. (ice cures everything at our house) So I was feeling so bad by this point. I made my daughter cry right before she left for her fist day of school. So when I went to take this picture I had envisioned her sitting oh so lovely in the flower bed somewhere. But she wasn't having it, and I don't blame her. I think she it looking pretty darn cute. Props to Grandma for making such a cute skirt.
When I finally got her to school, on time might I add, she marched right in and didn't look back. She was in heaven. I really was so happy for her. I wish I could have stayed myself.

This is Belle and her friend Ty right after class. Looks like they had fun to me. They were all smiles.


Belle, Anna, and Hayley are happy to be reunited after school once again. BFF's. It was a fun day. When I asked Belle what her very favorite part of the day was she said "science." I asked what they did in science and she said "we went outside and played on the toys."
I love this girl!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I love the pictures and the stories. Be glad we didn't go to dinner with you. Kylie threw up a few hrs. after back to school night. glad that's over!
P.S. Belle looks cute even with a chunk out of her hair. Kylie pulled that trick last year.

Sunny said...

Ellie doesn't start until next Wednesday and I am savoring every moment. Every time I pass her school I start crying. I don't know what it is, but I am having such a hard time. I too like having all my little team home with me. At least Ellie is excited! Belle looks so darling. Can Grandma make a skirt for Ellie? j/k

Jessica S. said...

an awesome milestone for you all. I'm surprised Belle hasn't cut her hair (or Reeve's) before. Each one of my kids has done it at least once to themselves, Ryan did Jenna's once.

Christi said...

Very cute! Sorry about the hair thing..two of mine wanted "a bang", so they gave themselves one! First day of kindergarten was rough for me too, but I'm liking it more each day!

Arlene Heiner said...

Hey Kenzie, thanks for inviting me to your blog. I always feel so left out every time Rebecca is telling me about your blog as she is laughing. One time she was laughing so hard about your blog she was brought to tears. Now I can see it first hand.

Sharp family said...

Oh Kenz what a day! I am so excited for her and you for that matter! They have so much to tell you when they get home! What an exciting time! First grade was the killer for me, all day??? I cried! Now fourth grade? what? Lets just say we are all happy when school starts and I NEVER thought I would say that! I can only fill the summer days with something more than crayons and playdo for so long! :) Kindergarten will always my favorite year, love every minute!!!

kelliemcc said...

She is so cute! Owen loves science too.

Josh and Emily said...

I love Belle! Who could not love this girl. She is so funny! It kind of made me sad thinking that she is going to Kindergarten. I am so glad we decided to give Palmer another year. I am having a hard time with Preschool 3 days a week! She looks beautiful.