Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Martha Stewart Banana Bread

1 stick butter softened
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 Cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Cup mash ripe bananas
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. SIFT dry ingredients together into butter mixture. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Spray pan with Pam and sprinkle the pan with Cinnamon and sugar.Hints: The sifting is important!! Believe me, I found out the hard way. I also like to chuck some chocolate chips in sometimes! You could do nuts too.I got this recipe from my Mom. It is one of our favorites. It has never been around long enough for me to take a picture. It comes out of the oven and is gone I am dreaming about it right now.
Makes TWO large loafs.

1 comment:

STELLY said...

Thanks for the yummy recipes! I can't wait to try and make your banana bread, and the rolls look amazing...what are you talking about they don't look pretty? Anyway thanks for sharing great recipes, I think I might have to share a few of my favorites as well!!