A few months back the boys started waking up several times a night. Barnes got an ear infection and shares a room with Reeve. I think Reeve might have a little (or a lot) of his father in him and he might sleep walk a little. Anyhoo, they have gotten into some bad sleeping habits. I didn't think that the night would ever come again where we didn't get up multiple times. Well on Wednesday night it happened!! Glory Be! No one woke up until 6:30 am. I can not even tell you how much energy I had Thursday. Here is a little list of the things I got done.
Swept and mopped all tile floors upstairs and down. Cleaned all three bathrooms. Washed, folded, and put away a zillion loads of laundry. Vacuumed. Cleaned the kitchen. Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Scrubbed down all the kitchen chairs. Built a fort with the kids. Ran errands. Had a baby.....oh wait, that was my sister in law. Congrats to Christy and John. And thanks be to my kids for sleeping through the night. And thanks also be to Aaron for taking his turn and many more during many crazy nights. Unfortunately, we didn't make it through two nights in a row.
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



7 comments:
A night of uninterrupted sleep cannot be underestimated! I feel it too, if it's not a kid it's the dog....
i love that we can wake up at the butt crack of dawn and feel rested! Way to power through your day!
You suck, having a talent for cupcakes. Fine, make some thing cool, and make me feel inadequate.
My kids are night owls, but at least they sleep in. I have all of them now trained to go to bed by at least 9:30 p.m., except for Aubrey (I'm serious they really are night owls) Weekends are when we get the most sleep. Now, if only I could get Aubrey to to bed before 11:00 p.m. Someday, I will have a lot more energy, until then I will just keep running on fumes! I am so glad for you. I love it when I get a lot accomplished in a day!!
I've gotten to the point where I wake up in the morning with Gavin's feet in my back and think, "When did he come in here?" I usually wake up when he comes in and send him back to bed, but he's some how mastered his stealth moves.
It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for a mom. Way to go Kenzie!!
Way to go! Aaron is a sleep walker? How did you get mixed up with him?
Kenz, I'm so jealous. I'm still up around the clock wondering how I can function. Your list of chores made me tired just reading it. I'll post the big news when I get my 1st nights sleep in over a year.... Here's to dreaming...
I could not imagine doing half or even one-fourth of the things you did that day! I would be happy to sleep for 3 hours straight!
Post a Comment