Monday, February 9, 2009

I Love To See The Temple


Ever since Belle could talk she has been singing "I Love To See The Temple." When she was just little she would ask to drive by the temple every time she could see it from the car. So pretty much every trip in to town we would circle the temple on our way to or from our destination. A lot of the time she would even ask me to pull over. So we would park out in front of the temple while she stared and sang. She still asks to drive by. I am glad she loves it so much.
On Friday me and Aaron took Belle to the Draper Temple open house. We had a wonderful time. The temple is so amazing and beautiful, of course. It is a lot different from other temples that I have been in. I can't wait to get back. Belle enjoyed the whole day, including the bus ride from the church. When we asked her what her favorite thing was she went on, and on. She said she loved everything. The main things she kept going back to were the brides room, baptism font, and the paintings. In the beginning of the tour she looked at a painting and told me, That's Mary and Jesus, she didn't know he was alive again. It was a painting of them in front of the tomb. I was so glad she noticed the paintings, they were beautiful. We had such a fun day with cute Belle. I can't wait to take her again.

6 comments:

Jessica S. said...

that is great about the temple. I'm glad Belle got to go to the open house. Our closest temple is about 90 minutes away. One day I took my kids & they loved it.

Holly said...

What a great experience for Belle! I'm taking Nathan to the Oquirrh temple open house in June. I think he'll love it too.
P.S. I go to the gym on MWF but I'm also going in a few minutes because Jared will be in Texas through the rest of the week (and because I can't sleep)!

Tawnia Zilles said...

What a fun experience. My kids love the temple too. Amelia asked me if people dance in the temple. I told her no, but that wonderful things do take place there.
I love your cupcakes that you made. I need a hands on demonstration from you. I will even let you use my apron again.(Har Har)

Josh and Cara said...

That is so neat that you guys took her. She is also very smart. It sounds like you guys are doing a great job of teaching her the scripture stories!
p.s. Way to go us for going to the gym today!!!

kelliemcc said...

She is so cute! We get to go at the end of the month.
P.S. I tagged you.
P.P.S. what you got against facebook?

Richard and Marianne said...

Belle seems especially sensitive to the Spirit. She could feel the love in and around the temple. One special girl and so glad you made the trip just for her.