Monday, September 8, 2008

High School

I have received two different tags. Due to technical difficulties, I am really slow at getting to them. We are now up and running. The computer shouldn't shut down on me now. This high school tag brought back some funny mems.

1. Did you date someone from high school?
Not really, nothing serious. I do recall having a part time boyfriend at one time.

2. What kind of car did you drive?
I had a VW bug. I was just telling my parents a story about it the other day. The heater on the floor went haywire and my friend Stacey's shoes melted to it. Then I had a VW Jetta, loved that baby.

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School?
I had embarrassing moments on a pretty regular basis, and I am totally drawing a blank. I do recall me and my friends Aly and Jane driving down the road in their mini van. We all had major crushes on a guy in the ward, well call him "Doug" for the story (because that's his name). He was quite a bit older than us. He was outside and we pulled over and talked to him. We were so giddy when we went to drive away. The road had recently been repaved and Aly was so excited she hit the gas and you could hear the gravel fly. I looked back at Doug and there he stood with his arms up keeping the gravel from hitting him. We could have died.
Then for those of you who know the story, there was the fat lip! Enough said!!!

4. Were you a party animal?
Such a party animal that I couldn't even stay awake 24 hours for a sleep deprivation experiment for a class. I never was a night owl.

5. Were you considered a flirt?
No more than any other teenage girl.

6. Were you in a band, orchestra, or choir?
No

7. Were you a nerd?
No way, cool as ice.

8. Were you on any varsity team?
No, but I always secretly wished I could be on the basketball team, I loved to play and had no talent. However, when I was in high school the girls team rocked and I wouldn't have even qualified to keep their stats. So I kept this one to myself.

9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled.
Yes, for having nunchucks and bow staffs in my locker. Just kidding, never.

10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Yes, I can also still do the first part of the dance too! That's something you will really not want to see.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Can I say that it was not Layloni Sheen! I did enjoy my senior English class with Mr. Snell. Not just him but fun people in the class too, I think we had way too much fun. I enjoyed Jackman, and Beckstrand.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
Anywhere but the lunch room. We usually left and had lunch at Harts, the coolest gas station in town. Or we would hit Albertsons and get french bread. Boy I miss those days.

13. What was your schools full Name?
American Fork High School

14. School Mascot?
Cavemen

15. Did you go to homecoming, and with whom?
Yes, I am going to follow your lead Rebecca and not name names. Here are some initials. RH, and SS

16. If you could go back and do it again would you?
No, but I had a blast.

17. What do you remember most about graduation?
It was just a fun day. I remember taking pictures with friends outside of the Marriot center at BYU before it started. It was a good time.

18. Where did you go for Senior Skip Day?
We had Senior Sluff. We went to Aspen Grove. We played games out in the fields all day. They gave out senior awards.

19. Were you in a club?
I was some kind of officer in FBLA, you can see that did me no good. I was also in the German club, and FHA that one seems to have gotten me somewhere.

20. Have you gained some weight since then?
You better believe it.

21. Who was your prom date?
CT

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
I went, and I hate to blame Don Kauffman, but next time let's not have it in the school cafeteria.

23. Looking back what advice would you give yourself?
Study harder! And life goes beyond high school.

I tag Sunny, Michelle, Annalee, Melinda, Melissa. I can't wait to read them!

11 comments:

kelliemcc said...

#9 & #20 are my favorite, even though I don't believe the answers to either one!

Sharp family said...

Kenz, those tags were so fun! I loved it, I had some good laughs on your choice of pics! hence "bad habits" "past jobs!" That was great!

Jessica S. said...

Those are funny & I didn't even know you in high school. I worked for a phone call center in Provo too when I First moved there. How awful that was!

Leanne said...

Way too funny, oh I am so glad that part of my life is soooo looooong ago, I tried to think of some of the answers myself, and it made me think how I'm so glad it's over! Thanks for being nice and tagging me for the cute tag, I'm excited to do that one, I love the picture of you and Belle! I keep seeing your way too cute bed spread, WHERE did you get it? Oh, and I love your new blog background, so cute!

Tawnia Zilles said...

Hey Kenzie,
Look on my blog. I tagged you to do a "quirks tag" if you want to. Your other tags made me laugh. Are you sure you really don't pick your nose and a bad habit? (Hee Hee).

kelliemcc said...

You just made my day, even if it took me a while to figure out what party you meant. Your birthday is in November, don't think you can trick me. Plus for your birthday were going to the movies!!!! Seperately, but together in heart.

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said...

I hope you don't mind, but I let my mom peek at your blog, she's not much of a blogger, but she wanted to see your kids(I told her how cute they were), and she wanted to see Heather's blog, I haven't added her to my links yet, anyway, I told her about your most embarrassing moment, and she said, "how do you know it was our Doug?" I asked her how many other Doug's were in our ward, and she said that it could've been Doug Bingham. Did I figure out your secret crush?:)

Julie W said...

hey, love the new back ground colors. and your pictures are beautiful of you and the kids. you must have a scanner for the other pictures, lucky you!

JoshuaMcC said...

I knew you secretly wanted me to read your blog. You can read mine any time you want. But Kellie's is on a case by case basis.

Taylor said...

Why can't I figure out the initials---has it been that long? And I should say that the fat lip story ought to be one of your most embarrassing moments--Those were the days. Remember Garrity??? LOL

Annalee