My Grandma threw a birthday party for my Grandpa this past weekend. On the invitation she wrote 76th and then told me she made a mistake and he was going to be 77. So I made him a cake and proceeded to buy him some cute candles that made a 77. I was making the cake at my moms and she saw the candles and said "he's 76." I told her "he thinks he's 77." So she went over to the family tree hanging on the wall and we calculated up the years, and sure enough he is 76! When we got there we informed him that he was a year younger than he thought. He found that pretty funny. I asked him what he was in such a hurry for. I wish someone would inform me that I was a few years younger! So I didn't get to use my candles and used this fountain thingy instead.
I don't know why I tried to Ace Of Cakes it again. I had a harder time this time than I did the first. I did make the cake out of rice crispy treats instead of cake, so it is a bit lumpy. It was kinda fun though. I thought the kids would enjoy eating it that way. I learned a few new things so hopefully it will go smoother next time.
Happy 76th to Grandpa!
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



6 comments:
I love the cake! I have to try the fondant. Where can I get the recipe?
You did an awesome job, I am surprised you haven't recieved any job offers from the local cache valley bakery.
Um . . . calling all Martha's. Wow! I am impressed. Nice job! I guess you know what you can do someday on the side. That's how my friend started and now she has a nice business. You should check out her web site (http://iotcake.com/)
I love having talented friends!
That is hilarious about your Grandpa. You've always been so close to them, that is so neat.
I had a grandma who was turning 101 and she thought she was 18.
Awesome job on the cake!!!!
Awesome cake! It is hilarious about the age, you are so talented. I read your post about church. We had stake conference, and I was so mad I didn't run to Deseret Book, or Walmart to get some coloring stuff for the kids, so I stayed up late making books for each of them.(5 or 6 pages folded and stapled.) I had their name on the front, and then they opened it up, and I did something for each of them, I made oh that find a word in all of the letters for Payton, and I actually made a cross word puzzle. I did a maze for Marcus, and noah's ark and I drew one of each of the animals, and he had to draw the other one. I did princess pictures for Lydia, and count the dogs, ducks ect. Finish the face (leave off one eye, and the mouth.) Seriously, it took me maybe 45 minutes(all in black marker), I stapled them shut, and at church I pulled them out, they thought they were GREAT, and Payton even got stumped on the crossword puzzle. I always have a piece of gum or candy (beside the bags of cereal) hidden that I can pull out for emergencies. I also bring bottled water, they just love that. Seriously, the friend has tonz of ideas, you could copy, and make their own books. It worked so well, I don't mind the time, and it saves me tonz of money thinking I have to go buy them new coloring books.
That cake is amazing! How did you find the time? Props to you!
Post a Comment