Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday.......On A Saturday??

I knew all week what I wanted to put on Thankful Thursday. Reeve never made it to bed until after 10:00pm that night. I usually do my blogging after the kids are in bed. Needless to say it got too late. Then Aaron had Friday off and we played all day. So I am having Thankful Thursday on a Saturday. It works.
I am so thankful for my super cool, fun, wonderful, fantastic, awesome, loving, sweet, beautiful, fun, crazy, crazy, crazy family.
A week or two ago I was in cleaning the kitchen. Aaron and the kids were outside playing. I heard some screams and such coming from the back yard. I ran out onto the deck to see what was going on. This is a small glimpse of what I saw......

.....Aaron going down the slip-n-slide. There was all sorts of excited giggles and laughs coming from the kids. Oh, and did I mention that the kids were also half naked following their dads lead. Who needs a swimsuit? I think I heard Aaron yell something like "I'm king of the world." (not really, but as you can see he was probably thinking something along those lines.)

Superwoman

Reeve went right over the edge with the help of Dad.

This is what Barnes was doing during all the action. He loves watching Belle, and Reeve do anything. Sweet, sweet, baby!

Well, Reeve may end up in bed really late most nights. We usually end up putting him in bed a hundred times or so. He sure does make it hard to get mad sometimes when he comes out in a getup like this. Here he is sporting pink ballet slippers, and Snow White's headband. This is only one of the many things he has come up with to make us laugh so he doesn't get in trouble for getting out of bed.

Here is Belle being a great big sister. Reeve thinks she is the coolest ever.
I'm so lucky to have such a great family. Right now everyone is laying on a blowup mattress watching a movie together. We will take snuggle time anytime we can get it. I love Mr. Quiggle and our three little Quiggletts!

7 comments:

Sharp family said...

Your family is darling! Barnes is growing so fast!

Sunny said...

You're so cute the way you talk about your family. I love it. I feel the same way. Isn't it fun? Crazy, but fun! Thanks for your memoirs. Feel free to put more, just be careful - you have more ammo to embarass me than most people.

Hannah looks like fun. For some reason as I was reading your post I had some visions of the "NKOTB" poster you had on the back of your door in your room well past when it was socially accpetable (like 3 years past when everyone else thought they were old news.) YOu and Lindsey were such dedicated fans. YOu going to the reunion tour? C'mon, you know you want to!

"Danny, Donny, Joe, John Jordan!"

Leanne said...

Families are the best!

kelliemcc said...

Don't pop the air mattress, you company will be needing it! Can't wait to hang out with your super fun, half-naked, crazy family!!

Jen said...

Kenzie,
You do have a beautiful, fun family! It sure makes life a little easier to be able to laugh at things. I love Reeve's outfit. My fav. is the fam. on the slip n slide. Brian and I have been caught by neighbors racing the kids to go down. Fun, fun memories, but boy it hurts the next day!

Tawnia Zilles said...

I am so thankful for my family too. Don't you just love when you can capture fun moments on camera? By the way, I love the word Quigglet (HEE HEE). So cute.

Julie W said...

quigglettes...I cant believe we never thought of that one back in the day. SOOO sweet!