Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday!


I have been meaning to have Thankful Thursday for a long time. I had an experience today that made me decide it was time to start Thankful Thursday.
Belle and Barnes fell asleep so me and Reeve went outside to mow the lawn. We have a riding lawn mower for the back yard. I got on it and put Reeve on my lap. I tried to start it but it wouldn't start. It didn't even make a sound. There were no signs of life. I was flipping all the switches trying everything. I figured maybe the battery died. I got both of us off and Reeve started saying "bugs mama bugs" I looked and there was a big old hornets nest with hornets all over it. They were in the wheel hubcap thingy. I couldn't believe it. If the mower had started we would have been in big trouble. It is a really loud mower. I'm sure they would have got us both. I went and got the spray and took care of them. Then me and Reeve were doing different things around the yard. I thought.....hmmm I wonder if it would start now. We went back over and I put Reeve on my lap again and it started right up!!! Today I am grateful that my Heavenly Father was watching over me and little Reeve! He seems to be taking care of us a great deal lately! We are so thankful.

I haven't been blogging much lately. Things have been crazy. I hope your all well.

7 comments:

Sharp family said...

Kenz, I am happy those hornets didn't get ya. I have had one to many run-ins with a bad hornet or two in my day and lets say its not pretty! I am shure a whole slew of them would not be good along with a toddler involved!

Nielsen Family said...

WE are well and it is good to hear form you again. Thanks for sharing your story! You might have inspired me to do a Thankful Thursday!!! We are in Oregon for the rest of July...you probably will not hear form me a whole lot on my Blog...it is hard to do when I am out of town. Hey.....what color of hats do you want for you and Belle? Or do you want me to surprise you? YOu had left a comment on my blog that you wanted to have a hat for Belle for the fall. I am doing really cool colored, thick, yarn with LARGE buttons. I will be taking pictures of all my hats here in the next few weeks and they should be posted. Let me know. Thanks again for sharing.

Jessica S. said...

Thanks for sharing that experience! It helps everyone remember what Heavenly Father does for us. Thankful THursday is a good idea.

I remember one time at Ft Rucker when Dylan's bike was being funny (a two-wheeler with training wheels). I think the tire was flat? Anyway he was so sad he couldn't ride it, then as we were pumping up the wheel we noticed a HUGE brown widow (just like a black widow, but brown, same poison, etc). If that tire had been pumped up and he'd gone, that spider could have come out of the chain & big his ankle!

STELLY said...

What a great introduction to thankful thursday! I can't believe that little story. It really reminds that we have our Heavenly Father watching over us all the time!

Tom and Audrie said...

I hate hornets! I'm glad they didn't get you two, that wouldn't have been any good. On another note how did you get Belle to take a nap? I'm jealous! tomaudrie.blogspot.com

Tom and Audrie said...

oops!....tomaudriebernhardt.blogspot.com

Tawnia Zilles said...

Isn't it wonderful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who watches out for us and cares about us so much.