Saturday, May 31, 2008

How Handy!

Here are a few pictures of the carpal tunnel drama.

When I "came to" this is what I saw. I had to wear this contraption for one week. That is some serious padding! I'm glad it was there or I would have done something to myself for sure.



These are my stitches. You can also see the purple marker that says YES. So they make sure they do the right hand. I need to inform him they make washable markers now. There are no signs of this coming off.


I used to sleep in this before the surgery. Now I have to wear this all the time. The stitches come out next week. I am hoping I can get my hand wet then. I can't believe how much I rely on my right hand. It has been more difficult than I thought it would be to use only my left. For some reason I just thought I would switch hands. Not working! I am getting better at it. I can't tell you how grateful it makes me to be otherwise healthy!! You don't know what you got until it's gone.
Aaron has been the best help ever! Aaron and my mom took care of everything for the first few days, and he has been flying solo since then. He does it all!! Thanks Aaron. And thanks to you too Mom.

6 comments:

STELLY said...

Just a little tip to get that pesky marker off of your hand...q-tip and nail polish remover!!! Ihope things are getting better!

kelliemcc said...

That looks pretty bad, no wonder you can't type! Hope your back to normal soon, whatever normal is!

Richard and Marianne said...

Ouch!! That looks really sore. Hope you are starting to feel better!! And super sorry we couldn't help out. Love you, Marianne

Josh and Emily said...

Kenzie that looks so painful! I am sorry that you had to go through that. What a cute mom and hubby to help you. I wish that I were closer. I hope you are feeling better now.

Tawnia Zilles said...

Kenzie,
I didn't even know that you were having surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery. I would have your kids come over to play, but Tanner just got the chicken pox. Well, take care.
Tawnia

Jessica S. said...

sorry about the carpal tunnel. Hope it gets better. Are you right handed?