On Saturday I met up with some friends from my mission. I had a grand time! It was so much fun. Life happens and we aren't able to get together near enough. It's amazing the things you can remember once you get talking. We had some good laughs, and time went by too fast.
Here is the now picture. I had a blast going through the "then" pictures.
This is me as "Sister Bell." I am with "Sister Woodward." AKA Stacie. I landed in New Jersey really late on December 23rd. So this picture was taken on my first real day in the mission field, Christmas Eve. Stacie and I had a blast together!! I got the best trainer a greenie could have. We had some serious laughs. I could tell you a few stories that would still put me into tears of laughter, but I don't want to embarrass Stacie. :) (Ford Escort-mud hole, Starry night)
Here we are at transfers where we both received greenies. I guess I shouldn't have cropped the picture.
Not only did we have the best time together, we saw many blessing, lot's of success, and we were able to share the gospel with unforgettable people. It was a sad day when she was transferred out of Washington New Jersey. I was a really lucky gal to have my trainer be the missionary I wanted to become.
This is "Sister Barlow." AKA Andrea. We were in Union City together. Wow, we got to meet some crazies during our adventures. It was a really fun place to be. Nearly everyone in the area spoke spanish. That made for some fun times. And the town our apartment was in everyone was Korean. That's what I call a little bit of a language barrier. Andrea, remember when the massive water bug fell out of the cupboard?
Here we are in front of the church. It was a long bus ride away from our appartment. We have some great public transportation stories. When I think of my time as her comp there is only positives. That's all there was with her. Unfortunately Andrea and I weren't comps for a very long time, but we got to be roomies later on! She is on of the most positive, dedicated, hard working people I know. Not only that, she is loads of fun. I love hearing her tell funny stories.
I love these gals! They are those friends that you know aren't in your life for just a phase or short period of time, but they are permanent! I see us telling the same stories, and laughing just as hard thirty years from now. There is just something about being with someone day in and day out and baring your soul to them, and anyone who will listen. Thanks for the walk down memory lane ladies! Can't wait for the next get together.
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



4 comments:
Wow Kenzie, those are some winner pictures you were able to find - although I doubt you could have found any good ones. :) Yep, remember the water bug and many other stories. Saturday was so much fun. We need to get together more.
What a fun post! And what fun memories! Sounds like you guys had some good times!
I loved reading that post. Thanks for sharing! I'm sure were a super fun as a companion.
Kenzie, what a great post! I loved all the pictures. I understand exactly what you mean by sharing and laughing over those same stories thirty years down the road. How great that you get together once in a while with girls you've shared so much with.
Post a Comment