Sunday, March 15, 2009

Circus Sunday


So I should just go ahead and give a little Sunday report each week. After someone mentioned to me today that they were watching us during Sacrament Meeting and were entertained I figured I will just fill the rest of you in if you haven't heard already. Some of Belle's Primary comments have also been reported to me already too.
It was mainly just the usual stuff..the screaming at high decibels, throwing things and hitting the people in front and back of us yada yada yada. Then there was the lotion incident. I had just put a new little travel size bottle of lotion in the diaper bag. After we had gone through every single bribe to keep Reeve quiet I decided to let him hold the lotion. I turned the cap really tight so he couldn't open it. Aaron was holding him and I looked over and Reeve had this "what do I do now" look on his face. That would be because he got the lid off and nearly the whole bottle burst all over him. There was a huge squirt of it all down the side of his face. Then I looked down and it went all over the front of his shirt. What do you do? You don't want to get up and take him out, that would attract unwanted attention (I am laughing as I write that, it's all we attract). So you use a wipe and do the best you can. There goes that shirt.
I always try to just listen to the talks enough that I can figure out the topic. The returned missionary spoke on faith and the High Councilman spoke on prayer. (This is at least what I heard) So this week I am going to pray really hard and have faith that next Sunday will go better. How's that for applying it to my daily life?
(I would also like to report that Belle was an angel during Sacrament, and we wouldn't trade our two crazy boys for anything.)

5 comments:

Julie W said...

I love the laundry basket obsession with kids. I also love Reeve's blankie/thumb sucking. Cant wait to see you guys soon!

Melinda H. said...

You win! I thought we went through havic each Sunday, but you win! Although, you know if you pray real hard to have faith that the following Sunday will go better then you are definetly going to have a Sunday to test that faith. I always pray for patience, but I only get those dang trials to test my patience. What's up with that? Needless to say, I still have no patience. I never pass the tests. Looks like your boys are having fun with the books! Good luck with next Sunday.

Melissa said...

I love Sundays with Belle! She seriously gives a good laugh every week. By the way if it makes you feel any better I don't notice your kids at all...I'm too busy trying to wrestle mine :)

Richard and Marianne said...

That IS too funny about the lotion explosion. I bet Reeve was surprised enough to remember that cause and effect! Yep, just keep praying for strength to make it thru the day! Heehee! Also, keep in mind that Belle was a handful too, and NOW she is an angel. It is on the horizon. Love you, M

Richard and Marianne said...

P.S. The kids look so cute in the baskets. Can't wait to see you all soon for Belle's birthday! Good party times are coming.