Sunday, October 12, 2008

What I Almost Didn't Tell You...


I was a little embarrassed to publish this post because this has happened so often lately. However, when Reeve calls me up 25 years from now and says "Mom, what am I going to do with my boys?" I will say "Reeve, let me read a little passage from our family blog book. It is dated October 1, 2008. Today we had to take Reeve to the ER again." I will then tell him the story about how he made a massive mess with his oatmeal all over the counter. As I was cleaning it up he had a "few" minutes to himself. He came into the kitchen and told me "mommies snack." Then he pulled on my hand to come with him. He led me to my bathroom. We have a closet that we keep a bunch of stuff in. When I walked into the bathroom there was an orange pill bottle on the ground with little white pills spilt all over the floor. I picked it up and it was some leftover nausea pills from my last pregnancy. I didn't even know they were in there. Well he climbed up and found them somewhere. And the bottle was childproof, not Reeve proof. I was sure he had taken at least one but I had no idea how many. So I called Aaron at work, and he called poison control. They said we needed to take him to the ER since we didn't know how many he took. So Aaron came and took him. I knew the pills were starting to take effect because he has never sat so still in his whole life. They monitored him for two hours. His heart rate and blood pressure stayed normal. He probably only ate one. And he took one long nap! I do believe the reason I stopped taking them when I was pregnant was because they made me too tired.
I have always heard people say to get rid of old meds....why do I always end up learning the hard way?
Reeve is the most curious little boy. We have had so many of these stories. Reeve is also the sweetest little thing. He never forgets to give me a "thank you mommy" no matter what it is that I do for him. He always has to have a hug from Belle before she walks into her Kindergarten class. Her teacher always likes to watch this. When he gets into bed at night he will repeat hug, hug, hug, or kiss, kiss , kiss until everyone has hugged and kissed him. That makes our long and sometimes rough days alright.

12 comments:

Jessica S. said...

Reeve keeps you on your toes - I'm glad he's OK.
I tell you, it's the middle child syndrome.

Melissa said...

I love Reeve! He reminds me of Kimball- so sorry! It's hard to believe one kid can cause so much stress and yet at the same time so much love.

Julie W said...

Ohh Reeve. Soo sweet that he takes you to show you the Mommy snack.
Maybe Reeve will be the most amazing teenager, since he is an adventuresome toddler.
And Savy has now begun throwing EVERYTHING. She has gotten the Reeve bug.

Sunny said...

You know, I have to say other then Josh's major seizure trauma when he was 4 months, we have never been to the ER. I'll have to call you for some tips next time I go.

How scary. I'm glad everything was OK.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. She sounds like she was amazing!

Leanne said...

I'm glad you posted that, so good to here others go through this same exact thing we call motherhood, I'm not sure I truely understood all it included.:) But I'm so glad we don't have to do it alone, because me in charge of 4 lives.....kind of scary!!!! I always learn the hard way.

Sharp family said...

OK kenz, really! He wasn't sent with those amazing blue eyes for nothing! I am sure they have saved is life more than once.....I always say, if Miya didn't have that cute lisp, and always says "thary mom" I would have given her away by now! :) What we do with out these little ones? Glad he is feeling alright!

ryan + carly said...

so dang cute. aflack was made for a reason! lol. i still haven't gotten jude a halloween costume, i know, slacker! but did you expect anything less from one like me? i mean...check out my blog! but i think you get your kids costumes somewhere cute online? yes? no? help me. i obviously am a little late and need as much help as possible.

Jen said...

So my complaining today about the cannery probably doesn't even compare to your day. I need to stop talking when I see you and just ask how your days was. It might just make my day. It's only fun to read because it makes me feel okay for some of the things that my kids have done to (like Brynlie trying to pick up Alyssa and dropping her today, haven't mentioned that to Brian yet...)

kelliemcc said...

Josh loves to hear stories about Reeve so that our kids don't seem so crazy. Glad he is okay and that you are his mom. I might have left him on a doorstep by now. Kidding, totally kidding.

Josh and Emily said...

Oh my gosh! You were probably so scared. We have already been to the E.R. here. I knew it wouldn't be too long. I hope that everything is going well. MIssing you!

Nielsen Family said...

WOW! They keep us going don't they?? Glad everything turned out ok. I wish I could have seen you when I was in Utah. I will have to let you know when we are visiting and if you are in Utah County at the same time we need to catch up! I love your new look on your page.

The Roy Family said...

Oh Reeve. He is so beautiful and sweet. I honestly wish we could live close and see each other more often.