Friday, October 31, 2008

Granny Andersen and Granny Quiggle


We had a Halloween party for the Young Women. Some of the girls tell me and my friend Angie that we are old on a pretty regular basis. One of the reasons might be because we have a rule about music in the car. They get to pick their music on the way to wherever we are going, and they have to suffer through ours on the way back. So we have a great time torturing them with classics such as Chicago, Johnny Cash, U2, soundtracks from our favorite movies, Aerosmith.....on and on. As much as they say they hate it, we know they love it. They will even say "so, what was the name of that song? Who sings it?" You know they are going home to download them to their ipods. This is only one of the reasons they insist on calling us old. So for our Halloween party we decided, "we'll give em old!"

Good times! The girls loved it. We stayed in character all night. I think me and Angie had a better time than the girls did. We cracked ourselves up. It was so much fun.
If any of you are in need of a lime green moo moo, you can find them on the Family Dollar clearance rack.


Me and Angie made these yummy cupcakes for the occasion. Thanks be to my dear friend Rebecca for the idea, because we totally copied! Thanks for the idea's. The cupcake walk was a success.

9 comments:

kelliemcc said...

You make a nice old lady!

Melissa said...

You guys look great! Love it!

Sunny said...

No way! You guys are awesome. Now tell me WHY we can't just cruise around our houses all day in moo-moo's. I know their completely ugly and un-sexy, but my. . . the comfort. . . can't beat it.

Sunny said...

BTW, Allison Clark and her little family showed up on my doorstep trick-or-treating tonight. Funny , eh?

Julie W said...

Ohh, I am so glad to know where to find mumu's now.
You look so absurd with the make-up and even the socks! Your young women are so lucky to have a great leader like you.

Jen said...

You two make great granny's! I love the cupcakes. I might copy that sometime. They are soooo cute!

Josh and Emily said...

Oh my gosh I love it! I can't believe that you two did that. It is awesome!

Tawnia Zilles said...

You both crack me up. I loved your costumes. I saw your shoes that you had at Walmart.

Andrea said...

Love the outfits. You'll have to send me YW ideas. I am always looking for things to do for activities.