We didn't want the day to go by without a tid bit of drama. I was going in the house with Reeve and he was holding onto the railing going up the front steps. He started screaming and he was holding his hand. I looked on the rail and there were a couple of hornets or wasps or whatever you want to call them. I looked at his hand and sure enough he got stung. I picked him up and carried him inside. I also started having flashbacks. Belle got stung the same way the first week of school. We headed out the door to go to school and she held onto the railing on her way down the stairs and ran her hand right into one. By this time I was ticked at the hornets so I went and grabbed the fly swatter and hoped they would be there when I got back. And they were....let's just say that I took out all of my pent up hornet anger from the summer out on these two hornets! And let me also say that it felt great. Hornets beware, don't mess with my kids.
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



3 comments:
If you have any more frustration you need to let out (on the hornets) we have plenty to share!
oh, poor Reeve. That guy doesn't deserve what comes his way.
You know the baking soda and water paste remedy right? It takes the sting right out!
I can't believe the hornets were still around to swat at. Aren't they supposed to die?
Way to go!! Mother Bear lookin' after her kidlets!! Let's just say those hornets won't have the guts to do that again. Heehee!
Hope Reeve is feeling better and not too traumatized. What was the kids reaction when they saw Mama Bear in action??
Post a Comment