The last time Aaron's parent were here they brought up a bunch of Aaron's things that were stored at their house. So they have been sitting in the garage for a while. We decided to go through them the other night. Who would have thought that going through a bunch of old boxes could be so fun.
Throughout the pictures Aaron will be sporting his Twin Peaks Middle School Class of 92 t-shirt. He's grown a little since then.
Just in case Aaron forgets his name he will be wearing his Office Max name tag. This is where he worked during his freshman year of college.
Does anyone remember Sally Jesse Raphael? I think she started the trend with those reading glasses.
Then there are those brass knuckles that Aaron purchased in Tijuana. Maybe he needed them in case he ran into trouble at Twin Peaks.
This is Aaron's senior year football helmet. He had to pull some padding out to get it to fit on his head again. Maybe Reeve should start wearing it to prevent any future injuries.
Yep, that's a retainer. It is still on the mold of his teeth. I told Aaron he needs to tell his parents sorry for wasting the money they spent on a retainer that was never used.
I got a kick out of the letter he is holding. I wish I could post the whole thing on here. It was sent to his parents with a dollar for him on it. It said thanks for letting us interview you son about candy. He did some kind of phone survey about it. Aaron is almost positive that this was once in a frame on his wall.
This Christmas toilet paper was my favorite find of the night. I have never seen it anywhere in my life before....except at my Grandma's house! Remember how I said she loved Christmas? She decorated right down to the toilet paper.
We got such a kick out of going through these boxes. I heard a lot of new stories and had some serious laughs! Good times.



9 comments:
Glad you had so much fun going thru all that stuff you said to go ahead and trash!! It does bring back some fun and great memories of YEARS gone by. And I thought you had a swelled head in high school. Love ya, Dad
Great job, guys!! Love the pictures and the reading glasses, retainer and brass knuckles. Makes the storage and trip up worth it, when we see you have so much fun together. And you made some $$ too. Mom
ok, the teal shirt and the retainer are my fav!
Now what do you do with all that junk... I bet you ended up trashing most of it still!
And what was so special about the toilet paper aaron? Why were you hoarding it? Do you secretly love christmas 2 ply?
Grandma also had other holiday TP (halloween and valentine's that I remember), you can't top her Aaron! Maybe you and Josh could start a fight in downtown Nibley, he owns brass knuckles as well. Let's be honest, he's a lover not a fighter anymore!
that's funny! Wow, I feel old b/c I graduated high school in 92!!
Oh and Office Max - did he work there at the same time as Derek? Derek was there in 1996.
AWESOME! This totally made me laugh. I remember that I got to move into Aaron's room when he left, so I was the one packing up all of his "crap" at the time (I specifically remember packing the brass knuckles).
Mom and Dad still have your Star Wars Battle Ship in a box in the Garage too. That's gotta be worth some money!
I hope you hold onto most of it and laugh about it again in 10 more years. That's what I do (but I go through mine every time we move since we're such gypsies).
GREAT idea about passing the helmet onto Reeve!
What a great post! Thanks for sharing. I got some good laughs out of all your photos and the accompanying explanations!
I'm sure I've got some things lurking somewhere that I could show Aaron from your Jr. High days. How about the long picture we took with everyone in it and I ran around so I was on both sides of the picture?
Brian's mom sent him some Christmas TP when he was on his mission. That is one I'm hanging on to!
Post a Comment