I told Aaron the other day "If I keel over today from exaustion, put on my headstone that the boys killed her." Then after the following happened today I decided to share some recent happenings with the rest of you. If I just told you about them, you would think I was exaggerating, but no, I have proof. Today.........
I'm almost embarrassed to say that this happened while I was in the shower, but it did. How many posts can one gal have that happened while showering?
I made the mistake of leaving my makeup bag on my bed. Barnes destroyed it in about two minutes. Notice he even managed to put eye shadow on.
It was such a mess I had to vacuum the quilt before I could take it off the bed!
It got a little quiet in the house. I snuck up on the boys and found them eating the cookies in a hidden corner.
Ah ha, caught ya! At least they were sharing, that's a plus right?
Barnes dumped a big can of cocoa on himself and all over the kitchen floor. I love the reaction the kids have when they find out cocoa doesn't taste so great. But I hate cleaning it off the floor. It always needs mopped. Can someone get the boy a tissue please.
Barnes got into the fridge and dropped this rice vinegar bottle and broke it. The house smelt really strong with vinegar, but the floor was sure clean!
Within a few days of that he climbed up on the counter and got two mason jars and threw them onto the tile and shattered them. I have no pictures of that....I wasn't laughing then.
Barnes got a hold of a pen and colored the wall in our room.
He colored on our dresser. He also got a hold of a pen and colored on Belle's door, and a newly painted wall. All of these were separate incidents. Your probably thinking "where was she during all of this?" Well let me tell you "I was cleaning up the previous mess!"
Let me throw one in for Belle while I'm at it. Two days ago she came home from school looking like this. I asked what happened to her pants. She said "They were like that when I left." Oh, really? I could have sworn they were in perfect condition when I pulled them out of her drawer that morning. Ah sheesh.
Last night I had a little eye opener. I was feeling like all I do is clean up messes and that nothing get's accomplished. I feel like that every day. I went to visit a good friend who has recently had some major surgery, and many other isues with it.She has had some scary experiences. It gave me a bit of a new perspective on life. Tis the season for Thanksgiving right? I am thankful to be healthy enough to pick up messes, I am thankful for kids who are healthy eneough to make messes. I am thankful to have a house to clean, and I'm thankful for a husband who helps me with it all, I am thankful that through all the messes we get some great laughs (even laughs over the messes).
And to my friend, thank you for your example and friendship!
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



9 comments:
Love you Kenz! Thanks for the visit & flowers last night. I needed it! Oh and by the way, I have a very vivid memory of the doctor specifically telling me not to run and to make sure my running partner did absolutely no training without me! I think he meant no more running for...forever!
Spoken like a true tired and grateful mother. you are amazing! now if you can just make it till barnes is in preschool...
The blessing of health is one I'm always thankful for. I'm glad my body works, and my kids do to.
Once again, I'm tired just from reading all this. I hope you made it home from Hobby Lobby with no further incidences.
P.S. I don't believe Belle for a second!
So glad you can see the humor, cause that is what will get you thru-- and Aaron, of course. :) Loved our visit-great fun! And the lights are magnificent!
Never a dull moment huh! I have weeks like these (sometimes months) Looks like your birthday was a blast. Come visit me anytime :)
i love your kids. they make me so happy. don't you worry, i love you too. i know you can't wait for christmas carols this year.
Oh how I love that I am not alone! Barnes and Sawyer could be twins, speaking of Sawyer, at this very moment he has climbed on top of my dresser and is rumaging through my belongings! Love the new moon post!
Brian and I got a good laugh at all those happenings. It is always funnier when it happens to someone else. I especially love Belle's pants. So did you ever get the real story?
Post a Comment