Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blessing Day

We blessed Barnes on Sunday, March 9th. It was a perfect day. Both of our families were here. Not only did Aaron bless Barnes but, he had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting with the "EQ" presidency. He did a really great job with both.


Don't you just want to squish him and kiss him? He really started smiling a lot the day after his blessing. So sweet.





What's In A Name?
Most of you know that we named Barnes after my great grandpa. My mom did some research and found that the name goes even further back than that. My great grandpa is named after his uncle, Barnes Lorenzo Rodeback. And he was named after Elder Lorenzo Barnes, the missionary who converted and baptized his father and mother. How cool is that? I need to find out how long ago that was. I am sure that missionary had no idea the impact he would have for generations to come. This makes the name even more special to us than it was before. We love it.


New Callings

Aaron got called as EQ 2nd counselor. I am a Beehive adviser. After being in Primary for around 10 years I could use some ideas. I have to come up with some activities, so send them my way if you have done this before.

5 comments:

kelliemcc said...

That is such a great story, even if you are totally sucking up with all the family names! Just kidding, he will love to know the great people he was named after. Can't wait to see you guys!!

Tawnia Zilles said...

I was the 2nd counselor in the Y.W. before I got put in as the primary chorister. I worked with the beehives and if you need any ideas feel free to call.

STELLY said...

That is a fantastic story! I love it when the name means so much more than you originally thought. Barnes you are destined for great things, only to be expected because you have great parents!

Leanne said...

your family is so cute, the bed is so cute I can't believe your husband made that!!! What a special day, I love the blessing day.

ryan + carly said...

kenz- i love your cute family. i am a little shocked that i wasn't invited to the blessing though. seeing as i almost was your little sister! haha. i love you. barnes is so sweet. next time your down visiting sharon, give me a call so i can drop by.