....I am finally doing a post. (Aaron also says this every time it snows) We had such a wonderful Christmas and new year. Ever since I can remember we have spend Christmas Eve at my Grandparents house. Loads of fun! We have come up with many traditions over the years. One of them being a visit from good ole St. Nick.
We were totally surprised that Reeve and Barnes didn't have a total breakdown. Reeve was all too excited to tell Santa he wanted "Queen and push a button." (Remote control Lightning McQueen)
My Grandma had finished Christmas shopping and had most of the presents wrapped before she passed away. Grandpa said she was done in Sept. She had made each of us a special set of dish towels. Then at the end of the night all of us grand kids drew numbers and were given two pieces to her Christmas village. She has been collecting it for years. It was so special. We each got a house and then I got the movie theater. It lights up and everything.
Christmas seemed really different this year. I felt the spirit a lot more. I really tried to focus my mind on the Savior. It was fun talking with Belle about Baby Jesus. My favorite thing to do was to sing with her in the car at the top of our lungs to the Christmas music. I cant tell you how many times I ended up in tears driving along as we sang. I have really taken a liking to the song "Little Drummer Boy." It just reminds me of my kids, and I love the whole story in the song. I asked Belle what she could give Jesus if she didn't have a gift to give him. She told me she would play the piano for him. (she's never had a lesson, but loves to play)
The kids in fuzzy PJ's Christmas morning. My favorite.
Good times on Christmas day. We have been having Christmas at our own house these past few years. This year Grandma and Grandpa, and Uncle Heath spent the night. It was fun to have them here. It has been fun to start our own traditions. This year we went to a movie. We saw Bedtime Stories. I think we will make going to the movies a Quiggle tradition. We loved it. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I think it is sad that it comes and goes in a day. At the same time, I get annoyed when I walk into a store in September and the Christmas decor is out. It seems to take away from the whole special meaning of Christmas.
The decorations are now down, the tree is boxed up, the music is put away, and the Savior lives on. I LOVE Christmas!!
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



2 comments:
Your Christmas sounds so wonderful. I felt the same as you this year, the spirit was so strong, and it is special to have our kids, and be a growing family with new traditions.
Cooper and Savy LOVED drummerboy this year also, we have the old movie of it, we will have to lend it to you.
It must have been neat to open gifts from your Grandma. I bet it was emotional for all of you.
Glad your Christmas was fun, we still need to come up there and hang out!
Your Grandma is amazing!! I got all teary thinking about her and how loving and amazingly dedicated and organized to have finished her Christmas shopping so early! Also, how special to get to share her Christmas village. She lives on!
So glad you had such a memorable Christmas with your family.
Post a Comment