Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Big 9


My baby boy hit nine months old yesterday. Oh craziness! Where does the time go. I have to say that I think I was blessed with the three best babies ever! Happy, Happy , Happy all the time! (This is a trade off for all the crazy times they give in the years to come) :)
Barnes could not be any more sweet. He has been trying to crawl for about the past month and a half. He gets himself in the push up position and just holds himself straight up. It is so funny. Then he lets himself down when he realizes that he isn't getting anywhere. Well today he made a bit of progress. He was in the push up position and moved one leg in and then the other. That's as far as he went, two little crawls. We will give it another go tomorrow. So exciting for all the new firsts. And also a little scary to have another one on the go.

Our little guy is not a fan of baby food. I have a feeling he will be a steak and potato kind of guy. He wants everything we have. I finely chop up things that we are eating and he goes nuts! I don't blame him. Who wants a turkey dinner from a jar?

Even Reeve is lovin the little guy. He used to not pay much attention to Barnes, but he has taken a recent interest. This is after Reeve got done applying mascara to Barnes. I was just two steps behind him.

Recently when Barnes was sleeping I noticed Reeve was suddenly MIA. I saw the nursery door open and this is what I found. Reeve when in and climbed in the crib to wake up Barnes. As you can see they are both loving every minute of it.
Too fun! Happy 9 months Barnes. We love, love, love you.

11 comments:

Sharp family said...

For real! You can't help but smile at those pictures! He is darling and I can't believe it has been nine months! WOW!

Julie W said...

I love seeing your kids! They are too funny, and too happy! You must not be a very cranky mom.
I love the mascara picture... looks like his eye was narrowly missed! Too fun, you must spend half your day chasing/cleaning up after them.

kelliemcc said...

He is so cute! I love the picture of the two of them in the crib, what a nice big brother!

Tawnia Zilles said...

I really can't believe that he is that old already. He is a cutie. I love the mascara picture.

Jen said...

9 months? Holy cow! So baby food is discusting. I was trying to feed green beans to Alyssa. I finally tried them, and they were sick. I chucked the jar and opened some bananas to make up for that. Table food is all they want.
I love the picture of the boys in the crib.

Jen said...

So, I'm noticing I can't spell when I leave comments. My English degree means nothing these days.

Jessica S. said...

Brothers - they are so cute. Dylan used to climb in Ryan's crib and wake him up all the time too! That picture of Reeve and Barnes in the crib - Reeve looks like a little Aaron!

The Roy Family said...

There are no words to express the cute-craziness of your kids! Barnes is too, too sweet! I love the mischief Reeve causes, always out of love. :) I really can't believe how fast time goes. I WISH so badly that we lived closer. See you sooo soon!!

Holly said...

Barnes is too cute Kenzie! What fun photos - especially the mascara one. Glad that Barnes still has both his eyes! I guess you could apply the saying to that one: "You'll poke your eye out!" ha ha That Reeve is busy, busy, busy! Good luck!

ryan + carly said...

how cute are they! that is so funny that reeve climbed in to play with barnes! i am dying that he is already 9 months. whatever kenz. time for another one! lol

Arlene Heiner said...

Boy do I love the name Barnes. Good job. Now everyone will name their boy Barnes. That is a classic in the crib. Those two boys are going to have so much fun together. I'm looking forward to lunch