Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tis The Season


Let there be light! For the last two Saturdays we have been working on the lights. I decided to document the work. It takes so much time!! But we love it.

This is what takes the most time. These rows of lights are just some of the white ones. We lay them out and try to fix the dead ones. So far we have only had to chuck one totally dead strand.

Even Barnes wanted in on the action. He kept rolling off his blanket and into the lights. He had a great time. We still have a lot to do. We best get rolling. Only about two weeks until the lights are on.

12 comments:

Sunny said...

Can't hardly wait . . . Clark Griswold has nothing on the two of you.

Tawnia Zilles said...

I can't wait to see your fun lights again. Last year they were amazing. Hey, if you get a chance, could you send me that email of the men swimming. Thanks I need a good laugh.

Jen said...

We all love your lights!!! Well, most of us do.

kelliemcc said...

I keep thinking I need to get Josh started on this project since the weather is fairly nice. Thanks for being an inspiration to us all. Can't wait to see the grand production this year.

Julie W said...

Rock on you guys. Your kids are never going to know anything less than spectacular!

ryan + carly said...

your mom told me about reeve and i was dying over how he would just scream "NOOOOOO!" sooo funny. i hear that you are going to twilight on thurs at midnight...so am i! can you even stand the wait?! lol we will have to converse about it. are you kind of scared of the edward? i kind of am.

Nielsen Family said...

I have never had the priveledge to see your amazing work, but I can not wait to see the pics...so good to talk to you a few weeks ago. We are going to be in Utah for a week over Christmas let me know if you will be in Utah County and we can get lunch and catch up! Is it ok to post Belle's pic in her hats on my blog? Talk to you again soon.

Holly said...

Kenzie, can't wait to see this year's display! If you lived by us, then we wouldn't feel the need to put up any lights at all - we could just enjoy yours! It does look like a ton of work. Wow!

The VanDerwerken's said...

You guys are too much fun. Hopefully seeing your lights will make John want to be more festive than just putting the Christmas Tree in front of the window!

Sharp family said...

Kenz, it was so good to see you the other day! I am determined to make sure that happens more often! As for the great lighting......rock on! I want pictures, pictures, pictures!! and a side note, please don't be disappointed when you drive by my house this holiday season and there is yea......NOTHING, yea not a one chrirstmas light, unless you can get a glimpse of the tree from the window as you drive by! Sad! maybe next year.

Charakie said...

You guys are on the ball. Just looking at the pictures of all those strands of lights gives me anxiety! You have the cutest little family...I love being able to catch up on your life. P.S. I'm getting a moo-moo right away...I can't think of anything more sexy!

kelliemcc said...

LOVE your new background. Tis the season for Edward!! Can't wait to hear your birthday report! Loved your comments, come down so we can take your mom to it!!!