Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Aaron has been dying to get home to San Diego for a visit. Last week I got a Delta email with a weekly air special to San Diego. We couldn't pass it up. We had to leave that Saturday and come home on Tuesday. We packed as much as we possibly could into those few days.
On the way home from the airport we made a very important stop at.....

I do believe we ate here three times during the trip.
When we got home we had a pool party with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Stacy, and Cousin Gavin. The kids had a blast! It was so much fun to watch them do tricks off the diving board.


Aaron had Belle doing backward dives off the board. She is soooo daring. She will do any acrobatics! She did flips, corkscrews, and cannonballs. Reeve and Gavin would follow her lead.
That night we went to a Padres baseball game with Aaron's parents.


It was a really fun game with lots of action.
The next morning we went to La Jolla Beach. San Diego was having record breaking temperatures so it was packed! Everyone wanted cool off in the water. This is always one of my favorite things to do!! I love the beach.


Barnes enjoyed his first trip to the beach. He was all smiles of course.
The kids had such a good time playing in the water and sand.
That night we had a BBQ and made smores in the fire pit. This is one of Belle's favorite activities when we visit.


I am still curious to know if any of it made it into Reeve's mouth. Yummy!
Early the next morning we made our way to Disneyland. I think I am just going to take up residence in the castle. I love this place. We had such a fun time watching the kids faces! They had so much fun. They were really good and we enjoyed the whole day with Grandma and Grandpa.

We love the Incredibles!

Barnes at the very end of the day. I melt over this toothless grin! He is such a good baby. He flashed this grin the whole trip.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for such a fun trip. It should be a rule that everyone must have family in San Diego!

11 comments:

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

That would be a lot of fun right now... Vacation!
It is a good thing you had Reeve's leash on. Those really come in handy! Tell Belle good job on the diving board, I can't believe she is that daring.

Melinda H. said...

Man you guys really did pack a ton into a couple of days. That's the way to do it. It looked like a lot of fun. Barnes is so chubby and growing so fast. He's a cutie. I was looking at the waffles with icecream and I think that's a great idea! Ice cream goes good with anything.

kelliemcc said...

Fun trip! You were extremely lucky to be invited to watch the parade at my grandma's, as is Belle, not everyone gets a personal invite! Don't take it for granted, ever.

STELLY said...

I am JEALOUS!!! That looked like a great weekend! Please don't tell Steve that you ate at In n Out that many times! I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Melissa said...

I'm jealous! Glad you had a great trip.

ryan + carly said...

ahhh! i can't believe your daring children...jumping off the diving board? doing back flips? amazing. jude won't even attempt to jump to me in the pool while he's sitting on the edge. wussy! cali looks so fun! i'm not jealous!!!

ryan + carly said...

ps. stop having smart cookies on your blog! i'm craving them now and it's like 11 at night. thanks!

Nielsen Family said...

Hey you!! What a great Time. I remember when you first got engaged and came and visited me in San Diego and I went to In and Out with and Aaron..first time I met him. I love Cali! I can not wait to take my kids to Disneyland. Welcome home...Are you going to be down this way anytime soon...I would love to meet up with you.

Tawnia Zilles said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. Don't you just love summer!

Jen said...

Kenzie,
I love all the pictures. I'm jealous... La Jolla Beach is where we would go as kids when we went to visit grandma and grandpa who lived in El Cajon. So much fun!!!

Jessica S. said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm am totally jealous. We do have family in San Diego but can't ever go!!! Wish we'd get a deal from Delta too!