We were listening to our local radio station one night in the car. They were disagreeing with an editorial written in the local paper. The article discussed people and their excessive use of Christmas lights. It said that people should be more concerned about conserving energy! So the radio station decided to hold an excessive light contest. I thought I should enter Aaron. So I sent them a link to our lights. Friday I got a call that we won! They said they would call later and have us on the air. I made sure Aaron was home to take the call. He was so proud! He went in the bedroom to talk to them so the kids wouldn't distract him. I left a radio on in the kitchen and Belle heard it. She busted into the bedroom and said "Dad, your on the radio!" It was really funny. I was actually listening to it in the car because there was better reception, and I had Aaron's parents on the phone so they could listen.
Aaron really gets a kick out of looking out the window and seeing people parked in front of our house. So much for conserving energy this month. It puts a smile on our faces, our kids, neighbors, and the strangers that park outside our house. We won a $50 gift certificate to a restaurant. Well worth it. If you want to see what Aaron's lighting goal is for next year then visit this link. www.lindsaylights.com
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



4 comments:
Congratulations... It's nice to see that your hard work has paid off!! Coop loves to drive by the lights. You are our Clark W. Griswald, thanks for an old fashioned family Christmas!
I love it Kenzie. That is so awesome. Keep up the good work. Pretty soon you're going to be like Mary Pulley's house and everyone drives by it to see the lights. :)
That is so great! I watched the video of it on an earlier post! I am so impressed. If we get lights across the front of the house we are doing DANG good! I won't be sharing this idea with my kids they might get some big ideas. :)
Bec
This is sooo great! It makes us all happy to see those lights. So glad you are carrying on the family tradition of loving the lights. (Not that we did anything so fantastic.) "We Believe" you both ROCK!
Post a Comment