Sunday, May 23, 2010

Famous Last Words.....

Kenzie once said

"No, we will never have a dog. I will not have a dog in my house. A dog or cat, never.  If I have to resort to getting a pet, it will be a farm animal. Chickens, rabbits, hmmmm I'll think about it, but a dog....never!" 
I am eating my words.  Meet Lola.


Aaron and the kids wanted a dog so bad. I couldn't convince them that a chicken would be so much fun. So I had a bunch of stipulations on finding a pet, and that is how we ended up with Lola.  We didn't want a puppy, too much work. Lola is almost six years old. She came from a family with kids. They had to move into a smaller place with no yard. So she is trained, she won't be having any puppies, and she was free! Lola is a boxer. She is really pretty. Wish us all luck eh? (Can you feel the excitement in my voice?)

8 comments:

kelliemcc said...

HOLY CRAP, good luck with that!!!

STELLY said...

I suddenly for the first time feel like we are strangers!! How did I miss this new addition to the Quiggle clan? Well congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of pet hair, pet vomit, and scooping poop!! OH and lots of unconditional love from the one furry person in your house who will always be happy to see you!!

Angie said...

Yay, your kids will love her!!! You are right a puppy is sooo much work. Our dogs latest activity was putting a hole in the middle of the trampoline, aaaaahhhhh. Good thing he is so dang cute!!
Good luck with your dog!!!

Julie W said...

she is beautiful! what a fun dog, is stacy's dog named lola? too many cousin pets to remember! I bet your boys love chasing her outside!

Jessica S. said...

Dogs bring such joy. I love my Harlee (Maisy is another story but the kids love her.) My favorite thing about having a dog, you have a listening ear ALL THE TIME! Even when all the kids are in bed, you can be talking to the dog instead of yourself! :)

Melinda H. said...

Twice those have been my famous last words and twice we have ended up with a dog. Infact, as we speak my family is all plotting against me. Since I am the one who will do most of the work, my vote is the only one that counts for now. I may have slowed them down until Christmas and then I think we will also have a dog. One of my friends has a boxer and she loves it. Good luck!

The Roy Family said...

You're a sucker Kenz. At least I got something good in return for finally giving in to the fam begging for one!! Next time, use your "compromise" skills to get something you want in return. ;)

GOOD LUCK!!! Honestly, our boxer, Layla, has been really good so far. My main complaint is the poop in the backyard. I hate having to go scoop poop just so my kids can play in the backyard. I hope yours is even better than ours!!!

Taylor said...

I am SHOCKED!!! Well you can mark my words...we won't be getting a dog anytime soon. I compromised with Taylor that when she turn 13, we can talk about it---by then Kendyl will be 5 and I won't be drowning in kids.

Annalee