Sunday, March 7, 2010

5-4-3-2-1...Blast Off!

My friend Holly convinced me to put a cake up for auction for our ward service auction. I did, and she won! I knew she would. She is the kind of gal that get's all the extra credit points at a service auction. I am the kind of gal that get's all the deductions possible at a service auction. (those of you who have been to one know what I mean)  I'm so glad she won! She asked me to do a cake for her 7 year old son Nathan (who we also love). He is really into the solar system. Thus the space shuttle theme cake. He wanted a rainbow chip cake, so I decided to make it tie dye. I baked all day and had everyting ready to go. Then my engineer helped me build the rocket after the kids were in bed. (wings and nose are rice crispies)
They were so excited and grateful. Natan even gave me a cute thank you note, and gift. It made it worth the work. And one day I hope to be able to earn as many points as Holly at a service auction. :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, I think that is officially the best cake I have ever seen! You are amazing!!! I don't think I could even draw a picture of a space shuttle if I tried.

Melissa said...

Nice try that you are the kind of girl that gets a lot of deductions at a service auction. Ha! I know you better than that. :) The cake looks AMAZING! But who would expect anything less. Oh and by the way...I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow morning, but nonetheless I will be there. Jen said we missed bagel Tuesday today. :)

Tom and Audrie said...

I seen this on Holly's blog...I think you need to teach a class to all of us who can only dream up ideas like that! It looks completely AWESOME!!!

kelliemcc said...

How are we related, you with all your super talents and me with my stunning good looks??? Life just isn't fair is it! Nice work, when you quiggles coming down for a visit?