So I meant to post these pictures months ago, and it never happened. We held the first annual Emma Awards. Kinda like the Emmy awards, only we tied Emma Smith into ours.
We had a red carpet and Hollywood stars with the girls names.
Some of the girls wore formals. We had an MC for the evening.
Each of the girls got to come up and give their "acceptance speech." They told about something they had worked on in Personal Progress, and they received their Emma Award.
Good Ole Mrs. Butterworth spray painted gold, still full of syrup.
Cupcakes with all the value colors.
It was a really fun evening. As you can tell from the photo's, we even had the paparazzi in attendance. We had a really great musical number. She sang the song Emma from the movie. We talked about Emma several times during the program. We had a quote or something about her in each of the Value award categories. There were even a couple of girls that received their recognition awards that night. I would say it was a success. I love Emma Smith and I was glad we were able to tie her into the night. I also love the fun girls in our YW.
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



9 comments:
What a great idea! Did you come up with it...it has Kenzie written all over it! I'll have to pass it on to our YW leader, I bet she'll love it, too.
As for the tent...GOOD LUCK! The twins still get up at 3am and play with their toys. They make sure to lock the door and when I knock I hear them say "it's mom!". Like I can't get in!
I love that! The girls will remember that forever!
what a lovely idea! Do you mind if I use it one day? If I am ever in YW? :)
Ummm....YES - it was a resounding SUCCESS! You did an amazing job with it. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. :o)
wow, I love it! and you have a lot of girls! how fun
So Cute!! I've always loved Mrs. Butterworth. I wish I could have still been a part of it. I miss you gals.
I was wondering how this went! It looked like it turned out great! Love the cupcakes!
you are so creative- I love it!
Hey I hope you read this. I need help with a great camp theme idea. Any ideas????
Post a Comment