I have been thinking about all the pictures I have taken that I need to get up on the blog. I have realized that "I can't Keep Up!" I don't think I should even try to catch up. So I am going to post only a few of our happenings over the past few months, for the sake of documentation. Feel free to skip it.
But first I must tell you about my morning. A little background....I HATE running. I remember being in Jr. High and being sick to my stomach all week because the timed mile was coming up. And back then I wasn't overweight and out of shape like I am now. Well, my sister-in-law invited me to do a 5k with her. I know, laugh all you want. I know a lot of you do marathons and junk. A 5k to me, is a marathon to you. This morning I decided I would go on a run with Aaron instead of to the gym to see if I could manage. We have been working on dropping some weight. I have been able to loose 30 and Aaron is down 25. We are both still working on it. Anyway, this loop he does is 3 miles. I came up with a game plan. Walk out of the neighborhood, check. Run down to 3200 South without walking at all, check. Have a sip of water and run without walking to Elkhorn, check. Sip of water and Run all the way down elkhorn no walking, check. Water and run through Gibbon's Lane no walking, check. Run to our neighborhood and walk home, (I need a cool down, right?) check! Well, it took me almost as long to run three miles as it does to walk!! I'm not kidding. Aaron was walking along side me pushing the stroller part of the time, that is how slow I am. But the cool thing is that I didn't think I would even be able to run half way down the first stretch. I went farther than I ever thought I would. I thought I was going to die at one point. I even heard Belle say to Aaron "Dad, mom's face is really red!" Apparently I looked like I was going to die too.
I kept a slow but steady pace. I was so slow that sometimes Belle had a hard time balancing on her bike. When I was half way down Gibbon's Lane I started to slow up and I was ready to just walk the rest of the way. Then I could see two of my friends coming home from their walk. There was no way I could walk past them when I looked like I just ran one hundred miles up hill. So thanks for being outside girls, I made it the rest of the way. Sorry you had to see that.
I often hear of people going for a little run and falling in love with it. I was hoping I would be one of those people. But I have come to the conclusion that for me "running and tomatoes are a lot alike, they both make me want to puke." No matter how many times I try them, I feel the same. So Julie, I am not sure about that 5K. I will give it another try, and if I'm positive I won't cross the finish line last I might consider it. I think it is best that I stick to walking. And to Aaron, I'm sorry that "I Can't Keep Up!"
P.S. Is it possible to break your hip from running at a really slow pace?
Quote of the day: Pain is the sensation of weakness leaving the body!
Moving on........
You are looking at the official winners of the Amazing Race 2009. Team Quiggle at Youth Conference!
Ahhh girls camp. Look at those cute faces!
Forth of July in Park City. Lot's of fun with family!
We tried talking to Belle about the 4th. We talked about how we are a free country. She said "to bad Grace doesn't live in a free country."
Grace is Belle's cousin that lives in North Salt Lake. Apperantly Nibley is the land of the free, home of the brave! A big sorry goes out to the rest of you
Fourth Of July Hair Band
16 years ago



11 comments:
LOVE it. Belle cracks me up everytime she speaks. We can't wait to see you guys next week!
Love Belle being so smart. if it makes her feel any better, COoper thinks we are the only ones living in Utah.
About the running, it has taken me 3 weeks of 3 runs a week to be able to run 1/4 mile, walk 2 minutes, over and over to total 2 miles. I hope to be able to run 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile before I need to walk. I registered for the race so I couldn't back out. I am now scaring myself in to training! But i know what you mean, some of us are not runners. This 5k will be my marathon.
Great running story. poor belle, having to wait on slow old you. Hehehe. You are looking good!
Kenzie...you and I are made to be running partners! Seriously Tony is begging me to do a race with him and is even offering a cruise as incentive and I'm still not sure it is worth it. I ran a couple of mornings ago and was feeling pretty good about myself, until Kelly said she saw me...that was the last time I ran. Lets do it!
Oh and one more thing...yesterday in primary we were talking about what things strengthen our families. Does money? No. Does power? No. Then I hear this cute little voice, yes your cute little Belle pipe up and say, "only Heavenly Father and Exercise!" Love it!
Well that's great about the running. I am a lover of running. And good job for losing 30 lbs!! NICE!!!
Cute family picture on the 4th!
I am crying I haved laughed so hard at your "running" story. Oh. My. Gosh. Josh and I went running once. Yes once. It was probably 4 years ago and it's still a horrible memory. I want to hear more about the Amazing Race, that's our favorite show and Josh wants to go on it, yet it involves running so there goes that. And we don't have passports.
P.S. I love it when you blog, find more time, okay?!
I hear ya! I can not find anytime to get on my blog and it has been since April!!! I wanted to even get the pic of us and post it! It was so fun seeing you guys. PLEASE some and see us. Loves.
All I have to say to that is - I can't stop laughing!!! You are way to funny!!! And for the record you could totally do a 5k! Go for it Girl!!!
Becca
ps 30 pounds!!! YOU ROCK!!
Oh you always make me laugh!
I love the 4th pictures. I love to deck my kids out in Red, White & Blue. Nic is about ready to be done with that.
I think you should do the 5k. You would be so proud of yourself.
All kinds of silliness! You guys crack me up. I'm with you though, I don't think I will ever fall in love with running...and I think Belle is right, we love Nibley! I miss you guys so much already. Please come visit soon!!!!!
Oh Belle! She is a crack-up! So you weren't so big on running huh!! I'm proud of you though!! Cute family picture! I'm with you on keeping up on blogging...it's a joke!!
Post a Comment