Friday, August 13, 2010

Mutton Bustin Champ

Oh, so funny!  Belle won the mutton bustin at the rodeo last night.  We have video of it, but it does no justice.  That sheep took her all over the arena.  We were dying.  Enjoy the video.  I wish I could blame the out of control screaming on someone else, but it was me.  I was more excited than I could have imagined.  I didn't even realized I was screaming that crazy.

She was still on the sheep when I lost the video, we just couldn't see her.  The clown finally told her to let go because the sheep had her against the fence.  She was so excited.  She jumped up and down with both fists in the air.  Aaron was so proud it brought tears to his eyes. :)  Then when she brought the trophy to the stands the crowd went wild.  She thinks she is a star.  She loaded the trophy up in the wagon today and went to the neighbors.  Then we had to take it and show her friend Kimball, who won the contest last year.  He gave Belle some good advice, and she credits him and her lucky new cowgirl belt that uncle Heath gave her.  They even had to take picture of them and their trophies together.

When she stood up here to take her picture, random people stopped and got excited and were taking pictures of her.  I think she thought it was the paparazzi.
She has been working really hard to earn her new black cowgirl boots, ah.....the life of a cowgirl.

11 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! It doesn't surprise me one bit!

Julie W said...

Just reading this brought tears to my eyes, this is seriously so special! What confidence Belle has. We love it!

Tom and Audrie said...

Congrats!!!!! How fun for her!

Richard and Marianne said...

Great ride!! Way to hold on and not give up. That's our Belle!! She IS something speecial! Congrats, Belle!

STELLY said...

I too was screaming at the top of my lungs!! Who knew that mutton bustin was such an exciting event!! The girl sitting next to me must've thought we were nuts! Anyway, it was the highlight of the Clark's trip to the rodeo! Yee Haw Belle!!

Grandma Bell said...

That was the best rodeo I've ever been to. The highlight of my summer! I was also screaming like a crazy woman. That sheep didn't know what he was in for. Way to hold on Belle!!

Jessica S. said...

How awesome is that! Good job, Belle!
Does she get to keep the trophy forever?

Jen said...

I'm almost crying/lauging again. Your scream is hilarious! Awe, the memories. I had not idea she was up against the fence. I didn't know how she got off. That is too funny!!!

kelliemcc said...

They should at least get the champs name right! Is she related to Quigley Down Under?? Way to go Belle, you are so awesome!!

Tawnia Zilles said...

Way to go Belle Quigley Hah hah!! Your screaming made me laugh Kenz, but I have a feeling if it would have been my kid I would have done the same thing.

Melissa said...

Way to go Cowgirl Belle!!!